Thursday, September 4, 2003

So Ian, this seems to be a one way conversation at the moment. Last post was April for me, seems I'm so busy I can't even talk to myself.

Had to make known that the last few weeks the art scene has not escaped my radar. Exhibits A, B & C:

Census O3 described as a flavor of the month show at the Corcoran, I dig it.

I really dig Glenn Dixon's review of the show that was in the City Paper last week, that hipped me Team Response's caddy "artist studios" that are included in Census 03 (but I have not seen the show so I will shut up for now.)



Washington Post looks at Census 03, too. Now we're getting somewhere, the Citypaper and the Post writing about a show like this in the same week.

It's a pretty big step-two opinions out there flying around, and for once both of the columnists are talking about issues as well as the artists and they are not pandering to us.




Lastly, speaking of pandering,MAN on 8/29/03 hipped me to this Jed Perl piece in the New Republic I have not nearly finished reading it yet, but just you wait. I will have something to say about it.

No comments: