Saturday, September 8, 2007

This blog has been commandeered for my use in a Master of Fine Arts class. While the general idea is to be able to write intelligently about art, this class certainly seems to bring up a wealth of other cultural issues to write about, which is great. Screw "so and so has 20 colorful whatevers with strong compositions and sensual application of whatsit." Analyzing a host of broader issues through the lens of art practices; (rather than just talking about the art practices) that's the kind of writing that gets me to go see stuff.



Given the sharp technological turns my personal studio practice has taken recently (using sound and video), being able to roll with writing about the vanguard is an awesome challenge to embrace.



Referring back to my first baby steps with blogs, I remember how empowering it was to start groupiegirldc. Back then I wanted The Big Eye to empower my art writing in the same way, but I guess I just had to grow up first, (or I just needed more rock n' roll in my diet.) Check back soon to see what happens.

No comments: